Pumpkin soup is a popular Thanksgiving dish in the United States and is usually made from the puree of pumpkin. It is a simple dish to prepare even though its made completely from scratch and can be served both hot and cold. Soup is often served as the starter, first course, or entrée before a main meal. Bon Appétit !!
Ingredients (Serves 3-4)
1) Pumpkin (1kg – 1.2kg)
2) 1 onion (Finely chopped)
3) Clear chicken broth (1 litre)
4) Thickened cream (3 – 4 teaspoons)
5) Butter (Just enough to coat the bottom of your skillet)
6) Salt & pepper
7) Parsley flakes
2) With a knife, cut away the outer skin of the pumpkin.
3) Dice the pumpkin into small cubes.
4) Melt butter in skillet over medium heat.
5) Add chopped onions and sauté for about 2-3 mins until soft and transparent.
6) Add in the diced pumpkins and mix evenly for about 2-3 mins.
7) Add in the chicken broth.
8) Bring to a boil, then simmer for about 10-15 mins until pumpkin is soft enough to be pierced by the knife easily.
9) Pour into a blender and blend into a smooth consistency.
10) Pour the soup back into the skillet and continue to simmer under low heat.
11) Add a little hot water if the soup is too thick.
12) Stir and mix well. For a more velvety consistency, use a sieve and pour the soup into another pan. Add thickened cream. Season with salt, pepper & parsley flakes. Serve immediately.
Presenting my Cream of Pumpkin Soup.
Thanks for viewing !