Camembert is a soft creamy cow’s milk cheese. Have been experimenting with cheese lately and decided to try this out. Perfect with wine when you’re having friends over or just unwinding in front of the telly. Try it with tomato sauce or a sweet mustard. Enjoy the melted goodness!
Ingredients (Serves 1-2)
1) Camembert cheese (125 gms)
2) 2 tbsp flour seasoned with salt
3) 4 tbsp breadcrumbs
4) 1 egg (Missing in the picture)
5) Accompanying sauces (Your choice)
6) Cooking oil (300-500 ml)
1) Always keep cheese in the fridge. Freezing it for about 30 mins before cooking makes it easier to manage.
2) Using a sharp knife, cut into 8 bite-sized pieces.
3) Coat each piece evenly with flour.
4) Crack the egg into a bowl and beat thoroughly.
5) Dip the flour coated cheese into the egg wash and coat evenly.
6) Dip into the breadcrumbs and coat evenly.
7) Once done, place in the fridge until ready to fry.
8) Prepare enough cooking oil to deep fry the cheese under medium heat.
9) Carefully lower the cheese into the oil.
10) Fry for about 2-3 minutes until golden brown. Remove and strain. Serve immediately with desired sauce. I used chili sauce but you can try it with ketchup or sweet mustard.
Presenting my Deep Fried Camembert with Thai Chilli Sauce
Thanks for viewing.