Baby Back Ribs are taken from the top of the rib cage between the spine and the spare ribs. Pork Ribs are popular in American and Asian cuisines prepared by smoking, baking or barbecued and usually with a sauce to go along. Made this simple dish using an off the shelf BBQ sauce accompanied with truffle fries. Bon appetit !!!
Ingredients (Serves 1-2)
1) 1 rack of Baby Back Ribs
2) Farmland Shoestring Fries (200g)
3) Black Truffle Oil (2-3 teaspoons)
4) Honey (2-3 tblspoons)
5) BBQ sauce (3-5 tblspoons)
7) Side Vegetables
1) Wash the ribs thoroughly.
2) Remove the thin membrane under the bone by sliding a thin dinner knife under and tearing it off. Use a paper towel to grip if it is too slippery.
3) Lightly season both sides of the ribs with salt.
4) Place the ribs into a ziploc bag and add BBQ marinade.
5) Marinate evenly on both sides of the ribs.
6) Place marinated ribs into the fridge overnight or at least 8 hours.
7) Add more marinade and coat evenly before placing in oven.
8) Preheat oven to 200 degrees celcius for 10 mins before placing the ribs in. Set temperature at 200 degrees and continue to bake for 45 mins.
9) After 45 mins, turn ribs over. You may cover the ribs with aluminium foil to prevent them from drying out.
10) Add more marinade if required. Continue to bake for another 45 mins.
11) Mix honey and water in a cup. Use a brush to coat the ribs with the honey mixture. Continue to bake for another 5-6 mins until the ribs are glazed and browned to your liking.
12) The ribs are done when a knife can easily slip into the thickest part of the rib meat. Let the meat rest for about 10 mins before serving.
Presenting my Honey-Glazed Baby Back Ribs with Truffle Fries !
Thanks for viewing.