This is a simple yet delicious dish to prepare. If you are able to get hold of fresh codfish, you can try this dish at home. Codfish may be costly when you eat out but I just love its creamy texture. It is also healthy and rich in Omega 3 oils. This recipe is simple to prepare and easier on the pocket !
1) Cod Steak
2) Fish sauce (2 tblspoons)
3) Light soy sauce (2 tblspoons)
4) Fried shallot oil (2 teaspoons)
5) Sugar (2 Teaspoons)
6) Ginger (Julienned for garnishing)
7) Chopped chives (For garnishing)
8) Hot water (3 Tablespoons)
1) Julienne the ginger and saute them under low-medium heat until they are golden brown and crisp. Set aside.
2) The essence of this dish lies in the sauce.
Mix the ingredients into a bowl and mix evenly :-
Fish sauce (2 Tablespoons)
Light soy sauce (2 Tablespoons)
Fried shallot oil (2 Teaspoons)
Sugar (2 Teaspoons)
Hot water (3 Tablespoons)
3) Pat dry the cod with a paper towel and place in a wok to steam for about 15 mins.
4) Once the cod is cooked, remove from wok. Careful not to burn yourself.
5) Pour the sauce over the cooked cod fish.
6) Top with the fried ginger and chopped chives and serve immediately.
Presenting my Hong Kong Style Steamed Cod Fish
Thanks for viewing.