This is a favourite of mine that I have finally got round to making. Hope you like the pics and if you try out the recipe, do leave me a comment below on your thoughts. Happy cooking !
- Lamb Chops
- Rosemary & Thyme
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Milk and Butter
- Parsley Flakes
- Salt & Pepper
- Mint Sauce
1) Prepare the garlic, thyme and rosemary.
2) Mince the garlic, rosemary and thyme. You can smell the aroma from the herbs once you chop them up.
3) Add 2-3 tblspoon of olive oil.
4) Add desired amount of salt and pepper.
5) Marinate the lamb chops by giving them a good rub and coating the marinate all over.
6) Place the marinated lamb chops into a ziploc bag and place in the fridge for 8 hours or overnight.
7) Wash the potatoes and skin them all. I’m cooking only for myself so only used about 5 small potatoes.
8) Throw 2 pinches of salt into a pot of water and bring to a boil. Boil potatoes for 20-30 mins until they are soft. They are ready when you can use a fork to poke through them.
9) Mash up the potatoes. I do not have a potato masher so have to make do with a fork. Continue mashing them until all there are no more lumps.
10) Melt butter in separate pot and add the milk. Stir until butter is melted.
11) Under low heat, slowly add in the butter/milk solution and continue to mash the potatoes until you get a smooth consistency. It should look something like this:
13) Add desired amounts of salt and pepper to taste.
14) Once ready, plate the mashed potatoes and add parsley flakes for garnishing.
15) Remove the marinated lamb chops from the fridge and let it sit for about 20-30 mins to room temperature.
16) Heat up a griddle pan until hot then place the lamb chops in.
17) Sear the lamb chops depending on your desired doneness. I seared mine for roughly 2-3 mins on each side. A good estimate would be when the fat has rendered and sides are golden brown.
18) Once ready, remove from heat and plate lamb chops. Leave to “rest” for about 5 mins. This allows the juices to flow back to the center resulting in a juicer and flavorful lamb chop. Serve with the mashed potatoes and a dollop of mint sauce. Bon appetit !
Presenting my Rosemary Lamb Chops with Mashed Potatoes
Thanks for viewing.